(NC) Why are more and more Ontarians with electric heating turning to heat pumps? Because they are one of the most economical ways to heat and cool a home.
During the summer months, heat pumps cool your home efficiently by removing warm air and transferring it outside. They also act as dehumidifiers, removing moisture from the air indoors.
This cycle is reversed during the winter months, as the pumps pull heat from outside and transfer it indoors, giving you energy-efficient home heating.
Some of the benefits of an air-source heat pump include:
• It has the potential to reduce heating costs by up to 50 per cent.
• It is an energy-efficient alternative to electric baseboard heaters and furnaces.
• Better heat distribution allows for more comfort for the user.
• They last 15 to 20 years with proper maintenance.
• They also provide air conditioning in the summer months.
• There are flexible options for installation of heat pumps.
If your electric heating is more than 10 years old or in need of repair, you may want to consider switching to an air-source heat pump.
Homeowners or small businesses with electricity as a primary heating source could qualify for substantial rebates to switch to an air-source heat pump. Having one will help you feel comfortable in your home all year round.
Visit www.hydroone.com for more details.
Learn about home inspections @ electrospec.ca
Gil Strachan is a professional home inspector, representing Electrospec Home Inspection Services in east-central Ontario since 1994.